So you’ve read about the health benefits of turmeric, but you do not know how to use it in your day to day diet? Here is a recipe for making a smoothie that uses it in the most refreshing way while offering a whole host of health benefits.
Turmeric has to be one of Mother Nature’s best gifts! It can be used to detoxify the body, reduce inflammation and support a healthy immune system.
Pineapples contain the digestive enzyme bromelain, a natural enzyme that supports the digestive system in assimilating and absorbing nutrients from the food we eat.
Pineapple smoothie with turmeric, chia seeds and coconut (Recipe)
Apart from the main ingredients, pineapple and turmeric, this smoothie contains coconut,[easyazon_link identifier=”B00OZYNGUS” locale=”US” tag=”wonderfullyno-20″]chia seeds[/easyazon_link] , powdered maca and other super healthy foods. Remember that you can always adapt the recipe to your own taste by adding or removing certain ingredients.
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated turmeric powder or fresh turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon grated coconut
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1 teaspoon [easyazon_link identifier=”B00U1WVEF2″ locale=”US” tag=”wonderfullyno-20″]maca powder[/easyazon_link] (optional)
- A pinch of black pepper (it may sound weird but it is necessary to increase the absorption of curcumin into turmeric)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender
- Serve over ice (optional)