Warm Water and Lemon Benefits
Ok, have you ever had one of those weeks or even months where any attempt to be healthy just goes out of the window? I’m not even talking about just a few pizza’s and a couple of Margarita’s, I’m talking full blowouts, where you look at your bloated belly day after day and wonder what heck happened!
Well, there was a time I went through the exact same cycle. I had good intentions, oh boy, I had plenty of those; thinking I would mentally ninja kick all temptation out of the way, while dutifully sipping on water and avoiding wheaty goodies. But if there was an office party, family get together, special offer, my resolve would slacken and I’d end up feeling well – kind of blah and.. guilty.
I soon figured out that when you’ve been eating badly for a while, going cold turkey is not going to be simple. The best thing to do is ease yourself into healthy eating is by making small adjustments.
Even adding one healthy thing to your regime can make a big difference to your health. For me that was warm water and lemons (interchangeable with limes). There are many lemon water benefits. Have a lookey loo down below for more information.
Eleven Reasons To drink warm water and Lemon.
And Why It Could Make A Big Difference To Your Health…
1) Works on your pH level. An overly acidic body will eventually be a sick body. Don’t be fooled by the citric acid in lemons, the nutrients and minerals are very alkaline in nature, and the Citric acid itself is easily removed from our bodies by elimination processes like perspiration. Lemons, stimulate the formation of calcium carbonate that neutralizes strong acids in the body. This is perfect for when you’ve had a heavy meal with proteins and cheese. Experts say lemon can help change the pH balance of blood and can also help in dealing with urinary tract infections.
2) Stimulates the liver. Warm water and lemon liquefies bile and also reduces excess bile flow. A clean liver means better fat burning. I think you’ll agree reasons for drinking lemon water don’t get much better than that!
3) Warm lemon water helps digestion. Atomically it’s very similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices.
4) Lemon/lime water helps with increasing those enzymes.
5) The lemon/lime water helps bowels eliminate naturally and easily.
6) The high potassium levels work with sodium for smooth electrical transmission in the brain and nervous system. Research shows that those suffering from depression, anxiety, fogginess, and forgetfulness often have low potassium blood levels. Potassium is also crucial for heart health.
7) Another lemon and water health benefit is that it lemons dilutes uric acid, which if accumulates, creates arthritic pain or gout.
8) Reduces phlegm in the body.
9) Strengthens immune system. Crucial in the colder months when colds and flus are more prevalent.
10) Warm water and lemon gives you glowing clear skin! Experts say that vitamin C is great for keeping your skin fresh and youthful because it encourages the production of collagen. The antioxidants in lemons and limes revive dull skin and keeps it healthy. Warm lemon water removes toxins from the blood stream. Also, if you dilute lemon juice, when applied to blemishes, it can actually help lighten them.
11) Brings down the bloat. Since warm water and lemon assists with liver and digestion, if done regularly it will help towards getting your stomach nice and flat – which is always a bonus!This includes helping with weight loss.
Shhh, here’s a little tip I discovered after a few too many white wine spritzers…
If you want to avoid a hangover after drinking a little bit too much, on the same night drink warm lemon water. Also, remember to rinse your mouth out thoroughly with water afterwards to avoid any tooth enamel damage (this goes whenever you drink hot water and lemon). And you should find that the next morning you feel less groggy or better yet you’ll wake up feeling great.
And if you want to sweeten that lemon water, why not add a teaspoon of honey?
So don’t just look at that citrus, put it in some warm water and give your body some pep.
Remember, it’s your health and its in your hands.
All the Best
Loved this article? Share with your friends on facebook